Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skeletons in a Stockpile?  (Read 990 times)

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Skeletons in a Stockpile?
« on: May 18, 2011, 09:03:38 pm »

Pretty simple question.  I got a load of goblin and troll corpses and skeletons in my entry hall.  Is there any way to get them moved to a stockpile easily that doesn't involve micromanaging dumpings or dealing with editing raws or such?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Skeletons in a Stockpile?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 09:37:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's what the "Corpses" stockpile is for.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:38:47 pm »

Hit 'o'
Somewhere in there you should be able to make it so that all corpses, even those that are outside, are dumped. This, of course, assumes that your dwarves aren't hauling them because the entry hallway counts as "outdoors."
If that's not the case, just make sure you have a stockpile for corpses. There should be an option. If you -have- a corpse pile, and the dead bodies are inside they're either not hauling them because the stockpile is full, they can't get outside, or they're all busy with other things. In the first case, just make a bigger/newer/emptier stockpile. In the second case, unlock any doors, lower any bridges, etc. etc. that might be in the way. In the third case, just change the labors of a few peasants/soapmakers so that their only job is corpse hauling.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 04:56:47 am »

I'm pretty sure that's what the "Corpses" stockpile is for.
A refuse stockpile works fine too, I don't think I've ever set a corpses stockpile.  Would a corpse stockpile still collect all the bodyparts that have gone flying off in an arc during combat?

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 06:22:13 am »

Corpse piles are for dwarves and their pets, and yes dismembered body parts are brought to it just fine. Everyone else goes in the refuse pile.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 09:44:43 am »

Have heard if you tinker with ethics in the raws, you can get them to butcher sentinents, and use their bones, for what it is worth
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 11:04:04 am »

Corpse piles are for dwarves and their pets, and yes dismembered body parts are brought to it just fine. Everyone else goes in the refuse pile.

What he said, you want Refuse stockpiles for invaders and not Corpse piles.  They're easy to confuse.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 11:42:29 am »

Refuse/Corpses submenu. Dwarves will collect bodies and body parts and let them rot happily. They actually do this as soon as possible, it's high on their priority lists. Corpses and body parts are not automatically forbidden, unlike equipment.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 01:06:04 pm »

Refuse/Corpses submenu. Dwarves will collect bodies and body parts and let them rot happily. They actually do this as soon as possible, it's high on their priority lists. Corpses and body parts are not automatically forbidden, unlike equipment.
Unless it's outside, I've noticed.  Which is a bit of a bother since only about 4 of my weapon traps are considered "Inside" and the rest are "Outside" despite having a constructed stone floor on the level above.  Sooooo many flashing Ts and Gs...

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 02:07:08 pm »

Once a tile is revealed to the hated sun it is forever classed as outside.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 02:20:10 pm »

Press o-r-o to enable collection of refuse from outside.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.