Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Catapaulting FBs  (Read 435 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Catapaulting FBs
« on: May 26, 2011, 11:30:41 am »

I have a quick question: Can flying FBs(and flying creatures in general) path through fortifications? I'm making a catapult proving ground as a way of training a cadre of siege operators, and if they take out the bad mofo flying gator fb, just gravy. But, I really have no military to speak of, so if he gets in I'm screwed!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Catapaulting FBs
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 11:37:30 am »

He won't be able to get through the fortifications. But it can shoot fire/toxins through the fortifications and into your fort.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 11:42:48 am »

ok, then what type of attack is noxious secretions? I don't remember offhand if its one that is fired at dwarves...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 11:50:30 am »

There is a bug with partially submerged fortifications, when  enemies are squeezed through it by water, I observed that in my drowning chamber. This is not pathing, but this is a way they may get in involuntarily. Fully submerged fortifications are accessible (to swimmers at least) and it is not a bug. Noxious secretions are short ranged, but they can go through.