Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fortress statistics  (Read 781 times)

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
fortress statistics
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:16:36 am »

I have an interesting suggestion, fortress statistics displayed at the end of a fort
for instance.
You have succumbed to the invasion:
your soldiers 300 goblins
your soldiers killed 11 elf's
your hunter killed 78 two humped camels
your cooks produced 5000 meals
your brewers produced 15000 drinks
your dwarfs created 7 artifacts
6 dwarfs achieved legendary status in your fortress
your fortress has survived for X years Y seasons
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: fortress statistics
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 11:43:03 am »

That doesn't sound like too bad an idea, would certainly be nice to see right after "Your Fortress has crumbled. Had !FUN!?"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 03:28:20 pm »

Sounds awesome. I'd also throw in how many rock pots were made, or the most popular craft produced.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 07:36:14 pm »

id like it if this was part of Legends mode.
endless lists of stuff
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 11:45:40 pm »

I'd like some of the score keeping features of Nethack, to be put into DF.  It certainly is fun, at the end of Nethack, seeing the tallies, it really helps instill that sense of competitiveness. 

Also it'd be nice to see the totals on slabs of any deceased dwarfs, for commemorative sake.  Like if that was one tough dwarf, go back and check his numbers to see, just where your current troops stack up vs that dead fella.  Like STR wise, armor wise, for comparative ratings vs whatever is pestering the fort, or that had slain the deceased dwarf.  At one time I thought the colors in the u menu represented difficulty.  HA!  I have no idea what the color codes there represent.  Don't think its difficulty. 

I like this idea.

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.