Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Realistic Medical Cadavers  (Read 1176 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Realistic Medical Cadavers
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:15:41 pm »

These reactions are designed towards the realistic creation of a medical cadaver to supplement Shukaro's Higher Learning Mod, found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60853.0 as I personally felt being able to train medical skills required a higher cost.

This medical cadaver requires the use of multiple preserved organs and a skeleton, each component of which is created in a separate reaction and put together to create the cadaver (As it is currently impossible to use actual corpses of any kind in a custom reaction)

Insert these raws in the corresponding folders:

material_template_default: The template for the "preserved tissue" used as the material for each organ component and the cadaver itself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

inorganic_other

item_toy: The components themselves. Their creation will be detailed in the list of reactions.

reaction_healthcare: These reactions are for the creation of the skeleton (Using goblin bones) and preservation of the necessary organs and muscles from those of any animal (Using alcohol and wax). The last reaction puts all of the created components together with fat and skin, sutured together to create the medical cadaver. We are not liable for your dwarves using dragon hearts or other organs of unusually large size for your cadavers.

item_tool: The cadaver itself. Remember to substitute [Reagent:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CADAVER_MEDICAL:INORGANIC:TISSUE_PRESERVED] in the necessary raws of the higher learning mod, as the cadaver it uses is a toy. You may also want to decrease the probability of the cadaver being destroyed from use, due to the greater effort necessary to make one.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:24:06 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”