Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which is better, masterful copper shield or an iron shield?  (Read 1096 times)

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games

Hey all,

So I recently off'ed a goblin master lasher who was decked out with straight masterful items. One usuable item was a masterful copper shield. Is this better than an iron shield? What is the methodology of determining this if there is any? I'm done guessing because I recently mistook a silver two handed sword to be better than a bronze one -- after bouncing it off of the cap of multiple goblins, I realized I made a grave error. Haha.

Thanks adventurers!
You die in the heat.

jrmy

• Bay Watcher
  • on break
    • View Profile
Re: Which is better, masterful copper shield or an iron shield?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 01:44:35 am »

The material of the shield will only determine how effective it is at bashing enemies. If smacking enemies with a shield is important to you, go for the denser material. If it isn't, just go with whatever 'looks' cooler, I guess?

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 01:54:45 am »

Alright, makes sense. I guess it just really needs to block arrows, haha. Thanks jrmy.
You die in the heat.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 04:18:30 am »

Yeah if your not using it as a misc weapon then wood is best as its lightest.  I suppose if you got one from a fortress mood then some metals would be viable.

Material itself otherwise plays no role (quality also appears to only apply when its being used as weapon)
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.