Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cabinets as artifact display cases & treasure rooms  (Read 1125 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cabinets as artifact display cases & treasure rooms
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:47:35 am »

Can we pretty please have the ability to make a cabinet, then set the cabinet as a "treasure room" where artifacts would be stored 1 artifact per cabinet?  If the artifact is a useful artifact, then it would still be useable from appropriate menus.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Cabinets as artifact display cases & treasure rooms
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:35:59 am »

Good  and probably old idea. There is a mod for that. Genesis also has it but i don't know the mods name

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 06:07:24 am »

Good  and probably old idea. There is a mod for that. Genesis also has it but i don't know the mods name

Ya, but I don't mod anything but .ini files that are intended to be edited.  I don't even use tilesets, lol.
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:18:48 am »

Ya, but I don't mod anything but .ini files that are intended to be edited.  I don't even use tilesets, lol.
Um... The raws are meant to be edited, that's why they're there.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 06:30:31 am »

Um... The raws are meant to be edited, that's why they're there.

I'd say that Toady allows us to edit them if we wish, slightly different.

Doesn't really matter though - it's just my personal opinion that if the game isn't fun enough to play without spending lots of time editing it, then it's not fun enough to play.  Some people enjoy modding and tweaking, thats cool too, but it's not what I like to do.

It's also a bit off topic, which is fine for a bit back and forth, but I don't want it to completely derail this thread please.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 02:25:16 am »

On-Topic: Like the suggestion. Not sure how easy it would be to implement, but I imagine it can't e too hard, since there's a display-case mod that does the same thing.

I'd like it to be in Vanilla DF though.