Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: List the <u> unit list hotkey in the hotkeys menu  (Read 527 times)

JasonMel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
List the <u> unit list hotkey in the hotkeys menu
« on: May 21, 2011, 11:39:46 am »

The \<u\> "unit list" key is not listed with the rest of the hotkeys in the mini-menu. This has caused me, a new player, a good deal of frustration trying to get info on all my units by chasing them down and using \<v\> "view this unit" (which is listed) on them one at a time. You might also consider printing "Hotkey Menu" above it (or whatever you prefer) as a title bar within the window border, since it and the mini-map are currently untitled.

I notice that there is scarcely any space left in the tiny menu block for any more commands, so perhaps that's why \<u\> isn't there. This brings me to my next suggestion, which is to expand the layout of the menu, take up more area with it, use more whitespace, and group the hotkeys visibly into categories, to help bring the game's complexity under control.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:24:44 pm by JasonMel »

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: List the <u> unit list hotkey in the hotkeys menu
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 07:52:59 pm »

I agree with the idea. I didn't find out about the unit screen for at least a week of solid playing.

But since people generally use tutorials to learn how to play, I don't think that it's too much of a problem.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
Re: List the <u> unit list hotkey in the hotkeys menu
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 04:20:29 am »

It's also in the help files when you press "?"
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!