Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode traps  (Read 3819 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Adventure mode traps
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:47:04 am »

I couldn't find anything else about this when I searched and so I thought to post it.

These could be anything from stone fall traps to weapon traps and upright spears made from whatever the civilization that made had available, these would work really great in the pyramids Toady said he's started work on and in the catacombs beneath the cities. Bandits hideouts could also have a few, along with castles.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode traps
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:49:37 am »

Right now, there aren't any ways to actually disarm traps, though.

I'd like to see some sort of trap detection and trap disabling skill come in before we can throw them around in adventure mode, too.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 04:23:56 pm »

Yeah that would be as bad as spawning over a lake with no swimming skill.
Good thing that can't happen... Oh wait!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 10:55:51 pm »

Well you can enable traps in adv mode in the RAWS, but only for ones that you have placed, they aren't genned by the world.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 08:32:00 am »

Assuming that the ability to detect and disarm traps is added then I think detecting them should be tied to the observer skill and disarming traps should be tied to the concentration skill and maybe it's own special one.