Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fortress Build + Reclaim  (Read 1981 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Build + Reclaim
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 07:47:20 pm »

• Build a basic fortress with the starting dwarves, or low population. Have them, one by one, die odd and random but related deaths.
  • Reclaim. Raise the population cap some. Have the dwarves continue work, expanding into a large fortress. Continue the series of deaths until that crew dies out.
  • Reclaim. Raise cap some. Continue work, expanding into a mega-fortress or city. Continue odd deaths. The fortress should die eventually.
  • Continue to reclaim as necessary, raising population cap as you do so. Once you have enough dwarves, the mega-city should eventually tantrum spiral to the edge of oblivion; but, if you have created wealth and controlled death correctly, migrants should continue to come in.
It's the fortress that ensures the death of any who enter; but the prospect of wealth in this magnificent city is too much to give up. Dwarves will migrate in only to die.

I'm pretty sure this general cursed-town setup has been used many times. Dwarven application, as usual, would still be awesome. And, yes: needs magma. Somewhere, somehow, but it'll be dwarfy.
You can accomplish these random deaths with the sock of natural selection.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 09:34:20 pm »

Abandoning will remove all mud (including the caverns).  Unless that was fixed of course.  Also you might have problems building magma versions of buildings.  Those have been bugged before.
"Oy! Cog! We're abandoning the fort!"
"Not yet, Urist! I need to clean up all the mud!"
"...Even the mud in the farm plot?"
"Yes! And I'm going to open the caverns so that I can clean all of the mud off of them!"
"You're crazy!"
"And so are you."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 10:06:07 pm »

I usually reclaim by diving into adventure mode and flipping over the fort mode so I can just leave the site when ever. If I was crazy about getting work with the men from before the reclaim, I'll remove the is resident tag and swap their civ numbers over.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 [2]