Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dftubefill?  (Read 1526 times)

Agrinja

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
dftubefill?
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:05:22 pm »

I just wanted to ask what dftubefill does exactly without the standard references to clowns and circus. Those get real old when you're trying to hunt for a specific explanation. Thank you kindly for any help you may offer.

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
Re: dftubefill?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:17:36 pm »

It fills the empty space in all tubes of ...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
... so that you can get more of it with less fear of releasing ...

The ...
... tubes become curvy ...
... pillars.

People say clowns, candy, or HFS because it's easier to read (and write) than putting SPOILER tags everywhere.
I'm oldschool.  I prefer HFS.

Cheers.

Agrinja

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 11:30:56 pm »

Thank you very very much. I understand why they do it, it just gets to be frustrating bits of obfuscation sometimes.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 10:20:46 am »

It cures cancer, rescues orphaned kittens and children, and will eventually provide fresh warm cookies to everyone on the planet.  Filling tubes is just the mechanism through which it does this.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 02:59:59 pm »

On another note, be careful, because sometimes if there were flying
in the
tubes when you used tubefill, they can be released by mining the tile they were in. I've had that happen to several forts of mine.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:48:05 pm »

On another note, be careful, because sometimes if there were flying
in the
tubes when you used tubefill, they can be released by mining the tile they were in. I've had that happen to several forts of mine.
Don't all
fly?
Also, I think this is kinda
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 07:25:51 am »

Just put spoiler in the thread title or spoiler tag the entire post and be done with it. The clown/circus stuff is ridiculous.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 07:00:41 pm »

I kind of like the circus and clowns, actually. It's certainly better than

all over the place, and I think it makes a good point about the kind of people who insist that everyone else go out of the way so they can remain ignorant. It also fits well with other DF memes - we have !!FUN!! in the circus with all the clowns, etc.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 08:52:51 am »

It's not the unspoilt players wanting the spoilers, it's experienced players not wanting to spoil the HFS for new players. New players have no conception of what "HFS" is or why the spoilers exist (they'd be already spoiled if they did).

Like not blabbing the ending of a movie as you're walking out of a cinema to the guys waiting in line.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 09:29:59 am »

However by the same token new players don't know what quarry bush seeds are, however no one goes:
I think it's silly, I did know about HFS long before I actually downloaded DF
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

kirrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 03:34:07 pm »

Funny thing... I know all about the circus and clowns from reading the spoilers, but I didn't know what HFS meant (as in stood for) and still keep having to look it up (terrible memory).  I keep thinking to myself "Happy Fun Stuff".  Which is a great way of thinking about it.  Look Urist!! The circus is here!  yay.  =P

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 07:34:55 pm »

You know why the description is what it is?