Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick download problem  (Read 1488 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Quick download problem
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:11:58 am »

My computer just got carted off to the shop, and I'm trying to download DF to my school computer. However, the site's blocked, and when I try to download via proxy it has me downloading, not the 31.25 zip, but "browse.php", which is super-annoying. Can somebody upload the vanilla zip to DFFD?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Quick download problem
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:31:12 pm »

It'll be done in a few min

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4391
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 12:34:15 pm by Dutchling »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:39:31 pm »

Awesomesauce, thanks.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 07:02:18 am »

If your school IT dept was halfway competent, you wouldn't have permissions to be able to run anything from anywhere you could write to. i.e. you wouldn't be able to run anything you download.

Speaking as someone who brought down the whole school network (accidentally) using a bit of software I wrote, schoolkids can't be trusted.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 07:05:25 am »

My school's IT department blocks XKCD and sites on Conway's Game of Life but not 4chan. They aren't halfway competent.