Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile tuning  (Read 873 times)

Poch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpile tuning
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:08:42 am »

Hello everybody.

So i'm trying to do this :

1) A stockpile of only MASTERWORK furnitures maded out of silver.
2) My jewellers take furnitures from the silver-pile and encrust them with anything.
3) I store the encrusted furnitures one level below
4) I use this stockpile as a base for building all my dwarves rooms.

The 4) is pretty easy, as you just have to put the final stockpile close to where you need it.
The 2) is damn easy, i just need a simple burrow for my jewellers.

But the 3)... How can i do to tell "no encrusted goods in stockpile #1" and "only encrusted goods in stockpile #2" ??? Is there a way to do that ?

Bonus question : is the stockpile doing a "what objects should dwarves bring to me" check ? Or is it the dwarf who's asking himself "what object in my working area could i store in a stockpile i have access to" ?

by the way i noticed burrows are totally fucked up with that, as a burrow-locked dwarf will try to haul stones or other objects in places where he does not have access (both for the stone AND the stockpile it should be hauled to). So i guess burrows is not a reliable way of isolating encrusted items from the regular ones.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:13:50 am by Poch »

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile tuning
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:22:43 am »

There is no way to distinguish between encrusted and non-encrusted furniture.

And it's dwarves doing the thinking, not stockpiles. 

bragos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:19:35 am »

maybe some fiddling with the 'total quality'  (which is including decorations) setting would work?

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 02:38:56 pm »

They won't encrust the same furniture with same type of gem twice, so you can leave them in the same stockpile as the unencrusted furniture.  When you come to build stuff, you can select all the furniture with two quality modifiers.  I don't think there's an easier (= less micromanaging) way to do it.  The total quality filter on the stockpiles doesn't seem to work at all.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.