Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What Dwarves do in DF. I'd be pissed too. :P  (Read 6202 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: What Dwarves do in DF. I'd be pissed too. :P
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 10:00:49 pm »

Beards are also used for fishing, carpentry, smithing of all kinds, and basically everything.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:18 pm »

What do dwarves do for fun? Work, mostly. Sometimes party, in which they mostly seem to talk.
Why does this pass for dwarven entertainment? Their work ethic, of course!
The large amounts of alcohol they consume probably helps, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 01:40:29 pm »

I have actually ended tantrum spirals by suddenly erasing stockpiles and making identical ones on the other side of the fortress, only to then take all the stockpiles and change what goes in them again. For some reason, even if they only are hauling rocks dwarves are just happier as long as they are working.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 03:58:53 pm »

I think they do all kinds of things that are presently abstracted away...once we get more features (e.g. taverns) they'll be much more fleshed out than they are now.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 04:18:13 pm »

I have actually ended tantrum spirals by suddenly erasing stockpiles and making identical ones on the other side of the fortress, only to then take all the stockpiles and change what goes in them again. For some reason, even if they only are hauling rocks dwarves are just happier as long as they are working.
genius here - and I say Duntada earns a dwarven star.

"I'm sad" is handled with "go move all my food to the room across the hall then!"
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...
Pages: 1 2 [3]