Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trophy room idea  (Read 1257 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Trophy room idea
« on: July 06, 2011, 04:16:32 pm »

I would like to share a great thing i made i made a room in my fortress that was full of goblins and trolls and such that got cought in my cage traps. its my personal trophy rooms. after every siege i make a new room and fill it with the cages. its a fun way for me to keep track of how many sieges ive defeated
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Trophy room idea
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 07:03:36 pm »

If you're suggesting a trophy room for adventure mode, then you probably need dfhack to make the place a lair.
Otherwise, wrong section.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 08:05:02 pm »

or better yet use Dfusion and select the room to make it scatter proof if you don't want the entire fortress be scatter proof for reasons unknown.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 12:21:34 am »

It seems when you retire/abandon a fort the creatures in cages, or tame grazing(non grazing) animals get turned into cavern critters. Experiments using Runesmith shows that while the livestock of the fort disappears, the number of cavern creatures increases dramatically. If you play adven mode, just build a guildhouse in Fortress mode for a trophy room. In Adven mode, collect armor racks, chests, etc to store the trophys you collects, and drop them, and their contents you placed in them in the scatterproof area
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 02:03:26 am »

i was thinking that with the next update i could have all my best trophies running around after me and doing my necromancer bidding of justice actually. then i thought, "what if i also got one of those mods that adds in penises?"  ??? :o

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 02:53:15 am »

This was brought up before I think in pick and axe. the event on the creatures that disappearing is because the game if you abandon kill them off for sake of making the illusion of abandoning which will happen to your adventurer if you just slap tame on them.
This happen before when I had a group of Bronze colossi peasants they all just kick the bucket for no reason when the game auto abandon for my shoddy raw editing once I came back I was able to revive them.
The increase of cave critters is what I guess from the site keeping track of who enters and not removing them, causing the critters to increase.
That and wild critters being tame doesn't remove the hostilities from them in adventure mode for that mode tracks hostiles by civ number and if you where friendly hostile to that civ number.

what this has to do with trophies well don't worry about animals unless your going to butcher them later, if so then make sure their Civ number is the same and take their butts over to a human fortress(or convert a players fort into one) where they will be safe from harm.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes