Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My precious socks!  (Read 409 times)

Urk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My precious socks!
« on: May 13, 2011, 02:38:02 pm »

I started new embark and there was some silk nearby which I collected for later hospital use.

First trade caravan arrived and I noticed that I don't have anything of value to trade, but luckily I got legendary weaver and expert clothier immigrants earlier.

So maybe I can quickly make something with silk  :)

Legendary weaver quickly made most of my silk to cloth and clothier can make them to something more valuable... hmm... lets say socks because I will get two socks from every silk cloth  :)

I put work going on repeat and do something else while waiting for socks to arrive my goods stockpile near trade depot...

...after some time I check if I have nice amount of trade goods, but what is going on??!! There is lots of dwarves running back and forth by goods stockpile and there is only few socks left - I quickly check inventory of nearby dwarfs and figure out that they are taking socks for themselves  :-\

Dwarfs really are obsessed with socks, they don't care about great danger or economic situation, if they want to get those nice socks to their greedy little hands they just go and take them no matter what lol  :P

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My precious socks!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 02:45:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My precious socks!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:03:12 pm »

This is why I make backpacks and then put images on them.  Pretty safe from dwarves claiming them for themselves.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.