Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Booze Stockpile near Jail ?  (Read 783 times)

The1nk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about Booze Stockpile near Jail ?
« on: May 11, 2011, 12:25:49 am »

I'm having a heinous time trying to get both a booze and a food stockpile near each Jail. They're either entirely empty (food), or have a single empty barrel (booze).

Here's the setup I'm using:
Code: [Select]
bff
dct
dhr

b = bed
f = food stockpile
d = drink stockpile
c = chain
t = table
h = seat

I've tried using the "Take From Selected Pile" option, but a Stockpile can only be taken from by a single other Stockpile at a time? What good is that for? >,<

Please help! :P

Thanks

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Booze Stockpile near Jail ?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:30:55 am »

You can totally have a stockpile "take" from multiple other stockpiles at a time; I have this happening in my current fort to have a small stockpile surrounding my Jeweler's Workshop collect Masterwork furniture from various other stockpiles for gem encrusting.

Just use the "take" option more than once.  The additional piles to "take" from will stack in the list each time you add one.

--nomad_delta

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 03:00:30 am »

I think the OP is asking to have multiple jail stockpiles draw from a single central food pile. Unless you're willing to do a lot of micromanagement to have a new jail stockpile be the official one drawing from the central pile, that kind of system won't work.

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 03:16:14 am »

it's always bothered me that you can't make stockpiles do that.  seems like it would be an easy fix, but perhaps it isn't.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 03:27:54 am »

If your jail stockpiles are in a nice row, you just might be able to place a single stockpile over the whole thing and then cut it to ribbons with p-x after setting up the 'take from' stuff. Does that even work?  ???
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 04:05:00 am »

If your jail stockpiles are in a nice row, you just might be able to place a single stockpile over the whole thing and then cut it to ribbons with p-x after setting up the 'take from' stuff. Does that even work?  ???

That does indeed work. You can designate a large area a stockpile, then reshape the stockpile, or cut it into pieces, in a subtractive sculpting method. All the scattered pieces are still considered one stockpile.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

The1nk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 11:27:52 am »

That does indeed work. You can designate a large area a stockpile, then reshape the stockpile, or cut it into pieces, in a subtractive sculpting method. All the scattered pieces are still considered one stockpile.

Beautiful! I'll try that, then. That little layout I showed is currently being used for my 6 jails, which are stacked 3 columns, 2 rows. I'll transpose that to 3 rows, 2 columns, and put the booze pile in the middle, food pile on the edges, I suppose. Probably take a few tries to get it right, with strange overlapping ribboned piles...

Or something. >,<

Is there a better setup for this, so that my other dorfs don't have to constantly come feed them? :P

Thanks!

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 04:06:42 pm »

Code: [Select]
TCB
Dc
DFF
Dc
TCB
T=Table, C=Chair, B=Bed, c=Chain, D=booze SP, F=Food SP. 
The prisoner can reach all the furnishings, plus food and drink. The reason the drink stockpile is size 3, is that a booze stockpile always has a empty barrel. As for the food, make it accept only prepared meals, no barrels.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 07:26:44 pm »

p-x? I never noticed that!
You learn something new every day, whether it's how to play an action game or some little feature of DF.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.