Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slight problem  (Read 820 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
Slight problem
« on: May 11, 2011, 02:15:01 am »

Hello, i have a slight problem in my fort.  I keep getting spammed with messages that 'Urist McPeasant has canceled place item in tomb, item inaccessible'
I checked the jobs list, and they are looing for the right arm of a random caravan guard.  How do i locate this arm, or tell my dwarves to igore it?

This also leads me onto a second question.  For some reason, all of my recent caravans have decided that it would be a great idea to get out through my caverns....   Now free loot is always a good thing, but im getting annoyed at having to clean up body parts all of the time, and the elves, humans and dwarves are probably wondering why their caravans arent coming back.  So is there any way to get them to go out the normal way?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Slight problem
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 02:26:11 am »

They leave the shortest route, make sure that's the surface.

You can open Z stock, search under body parts (almost at the bottom) and look for a named limb.  It's likely in a murky pool or something.  Either drain the pool and bury it, or forbid it.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 02:27:36 am »

Hello, i have a slight problem in my fort.  I keep getting spammed with messages that 'Urist McPeasant has canceled place item in tomb, item inaccessible'
I checked the jobs list, and they are looing for the right arm of a random caravan guard.  How do i locate this arm, or tell my dwarves to igore it?
If you had a bookkeeper, you could locate that arm through the 'z' -> stocks -> body parts -> 'tab' screen and recenter on it.
If you have no bookkeeper, appoint one.

This also leads me onto a second question.  For some reason, all of my recent caravans have decided that it would be a great idea to get out through my caverns....   Now free loot is always a good thing, but im getting annoyed at having to clean up body parts all of the time, and the elves, humans and dwarves are probably wondering why their caravans arent coming back.  So is there any way to get them to go out the normal way?
I think you should build them a safe road through the caverns, so that they can actually leave. Make it a tunnel with walls on the sides and roof so that flying FBs don't get to them, and pave it to the very edge of the map. You will likely have holes left on the very edge because you can't build walls or dig there but you can plumb them with drawbridges and all should be okay.
Alternatively, just seal off the caverns, that will make them leave via surface roads. However, surface may be more dangerous than any cavern.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 02:30:57 am »

Actually, underground you can freely build to the edge.  You may not dig to the edge, but you may build walls at the edge, unlike the surface.  This is how many people attempt to conquer HFS, by walling it away.