Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Important Leaders?  (Read 542 times)

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
No Important Leaders?
« on: May 10, 2011, 05:13:53 pm »

My home civ, just after embark, apparently has no important leaders according to the civilization screen. Their last legends entry is a dwarf becoming general some 215 years earlier.

Is this actually the case, or do I just need a caravan to come along before I can hear about them? I'd like a king and all that.

EDIT: I found a civ that lists a general and a queen-- does this indicate all necessary royalty, or will I not get a king along with the queen?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:38:13 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

San_A333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Important Leaders?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 06:07:47 pm »

EDIT: I found a civ that lists a general and a queen-- does this indicate all necessary royalty, or will I not get a king along with the queen?
Is it the civilisation you embarked with?

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 06:11:13 pm »

Yes.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:15:48 pm »

My home civ, just after embark, apparently has no important leaders according to the civilization screen. Their last legends entry is a dwarf becoming general some 215 years earlier.
The civ is dead.

Is this actually the case, or do I just need a caravan to come along before I can hear about them? I'd like a king and all that.
No, its dead.

Thats confusing, how and where did you find that civ? Did you abanon and went to legends? Did you check other civs in the "c" screen?

San_A333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:15:48 pm »

I had a queen along a general when I embarked. Later on, the Queen moved to my fortress (without the general though)

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 06:55:24 pm »

I checked another civ in legeds to find that queen, yeah. Maybe it's the excessive savagery causing all this? I gen my worlds with brutal surroundings...

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 12:52:25 am »

My civ had no important leaders, but it is well and alive. Dwarven comrades don't need no sucking king. Liaisons are appointed as leaders, but they will keep losing their status after leaving the map. I got all immigrants I could (now I have 220 dwarfs). My land is a duchy. I'm not sure I will get a king though. I don't build roads anyway. I've heard that you may get a non-dwarven king, but will see.