Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: raws editing and sieges  (Read 912 times)

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
raws editing and sieges
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:29:14 am »

I'm trying a lower mineral scarcity, so I have no steel, no iron, no bronze, and haven't found tetrahedrite for copper yet... And an ambush and a siege show. I don't want to deal with the goblins at the moment, so I save, and edit the save raws to add the aquatic and immobile_land tags on the goblins. Thing is, all the goblins are dead, and so are their mounts, I have no invaders on my units list anymore... but the siege tag on the screen is still there. Does this mean something is wrong?

EDIT: cleaning up after that siege, and revealed an ambush, at which point while my underequipped marksdwarves kill the ambush, it seems the siege shows up. Not sure why they showed so late, since the previous siege was dealt with before the season change...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:15:40 am by stormyseasons »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: raws editing and sieges
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:38:46 am »

Folks in DFHack have this problem too.  It seems that if all the invaders die too quickly they don't have a chance to turn off the siege tag.  My own thought is that they need to be able to transition to fleeing before the siege flag can be removed.  And when they all die at once that doesn't happen. But it's just a thought, no proof.

As for an ambush showing up after the siege if you have modded in multiple attacking civs, they can both show up in the same season, and they choose whether to ambush or siege independently.  So you can get 2 vile forces of darkness, or two ambush armies, or a vile force and an ambush or any conceivable mixture.

If you don't have an extra goblin style civ though that seems a bit odd.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 06:26:39 pm »

It may well be the siege tag not leaving because the first siege died too soon. There was a season change involved somewhere, I'm not certain of the chronology. It's possible the ambush was always there and I simply flushed it out later..
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 05:32:16 pm »

My own thought is that they need to be able to transition to fleeing before the siege flag can be removed.  And when they all die at once that doesn't happen. But it's just a thought, no proof.

Yeah - that seems to go with what's going on in my fortress. Most of the attackers died very very quickly hitting a large wall of traps - but a lone goblin got knocked down 1 z-level and couldn't 'flee' because of a forbidden door when my the marksdwarves nearby shot him down... now i'm stuck in perpetual siege mode (at first i thought 'is there a war?' but no... i'm just getting a vile darkness every season)

We'll see if it resets. I went into runesmith to look for stragglers but there's nothing - so it's def the flag not being reset.