Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: swimming?  (Read 1167 times)

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
swimming?
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:54:15 pm »

so i have played adventure mode for quite some time. but one thing I never fully grasped was swimming. I assume that you just walk into the water, but that never really seems to work. what am i doing wrong? and if nothing how much points would I need to put into the swimming skill?

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: swimming?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 09:57:09 pm »

you want to put in 2 points in to swimming and to get in the water press alt then the direction of water

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:59:39 pm »

thank you so much! I cant believe I couldnt figure that out ;p

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 02:08:43 am »

You can also just get one level in swimming and then go practice right away to get up to adequate. Either way, you want to make sure that you have "Adequate Swimmer" before doing anything because then you can swim while stunned whereas a novice will drown if stunned. If you fall into water, even one z-level, then you'll get stunned.

If you want to "powerlevel" swimming by swimming back and forth, I recommend (S)neaking as well (you can "sneak" while swimming) so you'll get levels in ambusher and swimming at the same time. Even if you don't care much about your sneaking or swimming ability, you'll be gaining valuable attribute points that will help with combat skills.

Watch out for instant death by being encased in ice. I recommend hanging around the water waiting until night to see if it freezes in the biome that you are in before jumping in.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 05:54:27 pm »

on the same topic, how do you purposely walk into magma/walk off a cliff?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 06:03:11 pm »

on the same topic, how do you purposely walk into magma/walk off a cliff?
ALT+(Move)