Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scratching Hill Titan's brain  (Read 1670 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Scratching Hill Titan's brain
« on: May 08, 2011, 01:27:22 am »

My first Titan kill seems so...cute?

Oh yeah the reason why I made so many hits before he hitting back was due to a pickaxe I [friggin' lucky throw] lodged in his lower body and hurt his guts or something like that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 01:30:37 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Scratching Hill Titan's brain
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:35:12 am »

Think of it this way, you scratched his body so hard it gave him a insta-death concussion.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:00:52 am »

It was probably made of some crappy material. I recommend looking at the titan and checking it's long description to see what it's made of before attacking it. This is because it could be made of iron or something in which case you better (at least) go get maximum meat shields before coming back.

If the thing is made of mud, however, a peasant can literally cut the thing in two with a copper knife. I don't get how these mud titans manage to rack up so many kills when the weakest villager can kill them in one shot with a total crap weapon, or probably even bare handed. Something is wrong with history generation.

Also "hill titan" or "Desert titan" or whatever doesn't really tell you anything except what sort of biome their hangout is in.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 08:37:56 am »

Maybe he was just itchin'.
If you give him a scratch, you fulfill his final wish and he goes to Titan Heaven or wherever those dudes go when they die.

Of course, my theory is they go to hell and get their ghosts torn apart by demons, but hey. That's better than getting your real body torn apart by horses.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 10:03:09 am »

must have had an interesting description if you bruised the brain through its torso.  probably headless.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 10:06:38 pm »

I had a snail titan once. Had no head, so I assume it must be the same kind of thing here, and you just got a lucky shot in, like so many of the bastard goblins I disarm and hold to up my defensive attributes, only to have my skull caved in by a punch/kick/scratch.

Frickin' annoying, I can tell you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 08:17:18 am »

I had about two or three adventurers killed by the same slug titan. It wasn't especially dangerous, but it was damned impossible to kill because it had no limbs to remove and its vital organs were few and near-impossible to reach. One of them got his head smashed by a lucky push - the other kept slugging hehe away at it until he passed out from exaustion.

I gave titans a wide berth after that...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.