Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bloodline Champions  (Read 1181 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
Bloodline Champions
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:15:10 am »

Bloodline Champions

I just noticed this game in the free section of Steam, I've been playing it quite a bit and think you guys would like to hear about it.The Game as stated by their faq
"is a competitive online multiplayer game for up to ten players per game, in which two teams fight for dominance.

Each player can choose between a variety of playable Bloodlines with different spectacular abilities, from the awesome strength of the Vanguard to the deceptive magic of the Harbinger"

Basically the game is 3v3 or 5v5 matches where you choose a hero (from a rotating selection of 4 heroes if you don't want to pay money) and can play in Three Match types
  • Arena - A Fight to the death with no respawns
  • Capture the Artifact - Its Capture the Flag it has respawns
  • Conquest - A Fight for dominance over the control points on the map with respawn

A video of gameplay

Screens
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can Start Playing by Steam, downloading it from their site, or using a blatent referral link  ;D if you use it you get 5000 bloodcoins (in game currency)

Anyone that wishes to play with me should friend Torak-One-Eye (i couldn't get any of my normal names, and i've been reading the Belgariad)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:25:23 pm by Wh1tefang12 »
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

SirStrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodline Champions
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 11:29:48 am »

Neat. Is there any way to unlock champions without cash?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 11:44:27 am »

I played a little bit of it but...

It didn't seem as well balanced as other similar games (LoL).  The forum was all about people talking about how there were like three classes people played competitively.  The class I thought was coolest, the guy with the big sword, was apparently underpowered.

Nobody played it.

It was a lot more open about wanting all your money than lol.
Shoes...

drips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 12:53:15 pm »

Just like in LoL, you earn an ingame currency from playing matches. Using this currency (bloodcoins), you can unlock new champions, as well as purchasing things like runes and whatnot.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 01:22:51 pm »

I personally think the prices are not to bad i got 1700 one day (about 2 hours of play) and the heroes cost about 17000 it shouldnt take too long
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 01:57:25 pm »

I prefer DotA.

MrMoogle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 04:35:19 pm »

Used to play this game a lot after it came out of beta, but recently it went downhill since they added account progression. The game used to be very skill based, but since the 2.0 update they changed it pretty much completely, adding stuff like buyable runes or stats changes for your bloodlines. I stopped playing since then, It literally ruined the game for me and became another LoL/Dota knockoff. I'm sure some people still play it now, but most of the vets left since 2.0, the game was a real gem back then.. not so much now.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 06:29:45 pm »

Yeah thats one of my problems though im not high enough level to use mose of the stuff i could see it being a balance problem. Lets face it its their way to try getting us to spend money  :-\