Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarking on Buildings  (Read 691 times)

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embarking on Buildings
« on: May 19, 2011, 11:28:19 am »

Hey; old player returning for first game after some of the new stuff has come out. I noticed I can't embark on any tiles that have other civ's work on them; is there a way around this?

I don't neccesarily want to play a full game in such, but I never figured out adventure mode and want to poke around a bit.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking on Buildings
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:22:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure that DFusion has a tool to Embark Anywhere.

The Community Created Mods and Utilities List is a good place to look for things, before posting a thread.

Cheers.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 12:30:16 pm »

There's also a tiny standalone called Just Embark which works great. Get Nano-Fortress too. There's nothing quite like a 1x1 embark on a terrifying biome for !!FUN!! and it's a nice quick game with high FPS.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »

There's nothing quite like a 1x1 embark on a terrifying biome for !!FUN!!
  :o

Even the tiniest normally allowable embark was just impossible for me.  It was like space invaders with harpies.  Unable to lock the doors because of all the corpses in the way
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:58:24 pm by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.