Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 31.25 and 31.19  (Read 1596 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
31.25 and 31.19
« on: May 06, 2011, 03:53:30 pm »

The Dwarf Candy mod looks interesting, but the current version is 31.19.
The 5000BC mod looks interesting, but, again, the current version is 31.19.

I'm thinking of downloading a copy of 31.19 for the purpose of using those mods. What are the major differences between 31.25 and 31.19?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
Re: 31.25 and 31.19
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 03:56:59 pm »

Lots of bugfixes :)

I know less about the raws, but I think there are new creatures in .25 from the sponsorship drive.  Also, I know that a new tag was added to spoilerite to deal with where thread made out of it goes, but I'm only really familiar with the inorganic raws.  Other stuff may have changed more.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 04:30:28 pm »

You wouldn't, by chancem know what those bugs are?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 05:05:28 pm »

I don't think anything significant was removed, so it should work OK. Several creatures were added, and the new industries were worked on, but other than lack of mod representation, that shouldn't be a problem.

I'd recommend just downloading .19, though. If you're playing a mod, there's really no need to play anything but the mod's version. Have you tried the mod's thread? Some people there might have more specific answers for you.

If you just want to know what's changed, there are changelogs somewhere. They shouldn't be hard to find.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 05:11:47 pm »

You can see them by going to the Mantis bug tracker and clicking "resolved". There's a lot. All the ones between 02/16/2011 and 03/28/2011 will be new in 32.25.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 05:49:49 pm »

Mods (actual mods, not utilities like Dwarf Therapist and the visualizers) generally (not always) work with later versions. You might be fine just using them in 31.25.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 06:11:35 pm »

Yep, you should be okay by just getting the /raw/ folder and using it in the new version.

Tbe HUGE change is that hospitals now work properly so you won't have permanently disabled dwarves.

P.S. The Wasteland (Fallout) mod is still 0.31.19 too :(. This thread makes me sad :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 09:06:22 am »

There's huge differences, gameplay and bugfix, between .19 and .25, I'd use .25 whenever possible.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 09:47:27 am »

Or you could try to merge the things from the mods, and the new stuff from 31.25, and have all the functionality.

Anyway, the "File changes.txt" file in your "df_31_25" folder has a list of all the specific changes that were made, although things that weren't in the raws are sort of glossed over.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 10:04:42 am »

You can see them by going to the Mantis bug tracker and clicking "resolved". There's a lot. All the ones between 02/16/2011 and 03/28/2011 will be new in 32.25.

The changelog page lists all the fixes.