Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Captured Gobbos ..  (Read 424 times)

The1nk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Captured Gobbos ..
« on: May 06, 2011, 02:48:13 pm »

So, I finally starting amassing a wealth of captured gobbos again .. One major problem I'm having ..

I could've sworn that if you build a Cage somewhere (the one with a Gobbo in it), then d-b-d to mass Dump the area, it will also dump the items said Gobbo has ? It's not working for me in the newest version. Am I doing something wrong ? >,<

Thanks!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Captured Gobbos ..
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 02:51:50 pm »

Goblin clothes are claimed.  d-b-c to un-forbid them, and they'll get dumped properly.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 03:12:55 pm »

You don't even need to build the cage.  If you have a bunch of goblin cages in a stockpile, mass-claim (d-b-c) the whole thing, then mass designate for dumping (d-b-d).  Then, move the cursor over each cage and select just the cage to not be dumped, or go to your stocks screen and un-designate dumping on all cages.  Your dwarves will strip the goblins and dump their gear, leaving the cages.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 03:15:07 pm »

Also, only goblin thieves and babysnatcher will escape.  If they're normal soldiers, you can pit them like livestock.  Place a hatch over the pit to prevent civilians from running scared once the goblin is released.

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 03:28:00 pm »

is it possible to just go in the stock menu and unforbid and dump all suspected gobbo weapons, and then trow em in the pit so they keep there armor?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 03:46:02 pm »

Yes, although generally a pain to do so.