Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Zombie (insert monster here) disapears  (Read 1140 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Zombie (insert monster here) disapears
« on: May 14, 2011, 09:31:17 pm »

I have been exploring the caverns and have found some... weird shit zombies that when you hit them once disapear stuff like that why is this happening?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Zombie (insert monster here) disapears
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:23:28 pm »

Undead stuff doesn't really work at the moment, they use a HP system and just disappear and give no credit for the kills. Luckily for us, armies of undead things clamoring for the booze-soaked flesh of our dwarves is just what Toady is working on for next release!! YAAAAAY! :D
The new ones will be far more in-depth, and presumably aren't just going to disappear like that.
Check the dev-log, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:33:40 pm »

If you do an instant kill attack (like cutting off the lower body or jamming the skull through the brain) you get credit, though. At least that's what I've heard.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Nicholas98

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 10:47:55 am »

If you do an instant kill attack (like cutting off the lower body or jamming the skull through the brain) you get credit, though. At least that's what I've heard.

That is what happens, i play around a lot with arena mode and make up my own scenarios where there's a million zombies, except, about 10 guys with even iron or bronze or things like that own zombies.
Even if you had a miner with a copper pick he could probably take down 50 by himself, at least in arena mode.
I'm also not liking disappearing zombies, but you can cut their heads off and they don't disappear.
I hope zombies are more strong than in this current version.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 12:09:20 pm »

I hope zombies are more strong than in this current version.
Me too. I hope the zombies will tear my guts out.

I have longed for stronger zombies since I played DF.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

NSQuote

• Bay Watcher
  • used Confusion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 12:25:57 pm »

I think ts been confirmed that Zombies leave corpses, since they can be re-animated by Necromancer. However, I don't think they can repair corpses, so a zombie that has been cut in half won't really be as much of a threat.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 12:58:08 pm »

I think ts been confirmed that Zombies leave corpses, since they can be re-animated by Necromancer. However, I don't think they can repair corpses, so a zombie that has been cut in half won't really be as much of a threat.
Imagine being chased by the lower half!

*tears up* I LOVE YOU, DF!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!