Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gnome mod  (Read 7881 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Gnome mod
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 08:47:24 am »

thanks but can anybody help me make a body for the gnomes i cant make them work any ideas its just the moutain gnome with new castes and renamed but the still wont use items even with teh [equips] tag
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 09:37:15 am »

You can just copy dwarf body and remove the beards.
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »

thanks its better then the elf body im using right now
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 04:58:47 pm »

You don't even know the basics, do you? But take your time, I guess. I'd rather wait for your mod than make a gnome entity myself.
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 06:11:07 pm »

i know the basics i just cant do major work wit creature raws or i screw up the game last time with no double raws dwarfs became rabbits the explode when they where rained on and i dont want to talk about the humans it was just sad

swampwater

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the working day
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 06:21:10 pm »

haha from what I can tell you have majorly different ideas of what gnomes should be like in this game but here is the thread where I posted my creature and entity raws for my gnomes- I've been tweaking them around a bit but these work well enough for them to survive in worldgen for awhile and come to trade. One thing I thought was pretty cool is that all their armor is automatically "small" sized- making it worthless except for melting purposes but a nice unexpected twist thanks to Mr. Toad.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79805.msg2080867#msg2080867

edit: well not exactly true- this is when they were still a bit weak and dying too easily- I bumped up their size a little and let them have multiple litters and they did much better though. Your "breeding gnomes" seem to be a decent, if deeply unsettling workaround though. ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:24:30 pm by swampwater »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 07:04:03 pm »

Creature raws are a complex and confusing thing.  The whole [SELECT_CASTE] thing is basically a goto, and the actual tokens can usually appear in any order, except when they can't, and theres no real way to say what order things will or won't work in until you find a situation they will, or won't work in.  Couple that with incompatibilities between caste-level tokens and creature-level tokens, on which the wiki is mostly silent, and you have what we call in the biz, a "clusterfuck"
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 07:29:32 pm »

i learned most of my modding info form deons mods like the castes and reactions that way i never use the wiki because they have almost no info on modding but a question any suggestions on a new name gnome mod does not strike as eye catching

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 10:00:20 am »

sorry about the double post but im back form DC and modding again so any ideas for good weapons or armor for the elves so i can finish them before next month

guys the next version should be out by the next 31.26

edit: scratch the above the new versions out on dffd
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 08:17:02 pm by stabbymcstabstab »
Pages: 1 2 [3]