Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paralympic Goblins?  (Read 1415 times)

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Paralympic Goblins?
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:24:50 pm »

Constructed a 10 level drop trap , after a while , I noticed a goblin with both legs broken and hes running around the bottom of the trap at full speed? A goblin chuck norris??? Anyone has enemies who scream " Tis only a flesh wound" when you do your best to kill them?

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
Re: Paralympic Goblins?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 12:49:35 pm »

Goblins are quite durable, it seems. I've had a goblin lose lung and a liver in cave-in and get quite a lot of other wounds, but after he got up from being unconscious he just continued his trip, like nothing happened.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 01:06:01 pm »

Goblins are quite durable, it seems. I've had a goblin lose lung and a liver in cave-in and get quite a lot of other wounds, but after he got up from being unconscious he just continued his trip, like nothing happened.
"FUCK YOU LIVER I WILL RAPE YOUR CHILDREN IF YOU STOP WORKING! SAME GOES TO YOU, DOUCHEBAG McLUNG!"

Dwarf Fortress:
Teaching you to be a douche to your internal organs.

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 01:08:05 pm »

But but , how does he walk without bones???? AND HOW IS THAT GOBLIN MOVING WITH HIS SPINE SNAPPED???????

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 01:17:18 pm »

Internal damage means absolutely nothing except for causing pain and bleeding. Pain causes unconsciousness, bleeding causes death. If you really wanted to stop goblins running around, you'd have to lop off their legs. Getting them to drop their equipment is easier - they can do that out of pain.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 01:42:11 pm »

Animals CAN move with only arms.

EDIT: Last I had that happen that is, which was a while ago.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 02:26:36 pm »

I only said "run around", not "move around"~
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 03:07:25 pm »

thats why you line the bottom of your trap with spikes...or make the drop 12 z lvls

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 03:41:05 pm »

But but , how does he walk without bones???? AND HOW IS THAT GOBLIN MOVING WITH HIS SPINE SNAPPED???????

Walking on both his hands, dragging his now useless legs behind him, his sword held in his mouth, his eyes glowing with rage, and fueled with thirst for dwarven blood.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 04:01:07 pm »

Walking on both his hands, dragging his now useless legs behind him, his sword held in his mouth, his eyes glowing with rage, and fueled with thirst for dwarven blood.

Dwarf Fortress: Never has a game been so full of opportunities for badassery.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 04:11:11 pm »

Dwarf Fortress:

Sigged.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 04:38:40 pm »

"FUCK YOU LIVER I WILL RAPE YOUR CHILDREN IF YOU STOP WORKING! SAME GOES TO YOU, DOUCHEBAG McLUNG!"

Dwarf Fortress:

This is what I do when I work out. "Fuck you, left knee! Stop whining! This isn't a fucking restort, THIS IS A FIVE-MILE BIKE RIDE ALONG THE CANALS, YOU SON OF A WHORE!"
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 02:18:43 am »

Like in the facepalm thread... I think I may have about 60 of the above mentioned goblins , tigermen and frogmen , crawling around with assorted weapons in their mouths. My upright spears seem to be full , theres 2 bodies on each spear...