Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's say if I was to copy a world from the last version that had goblin towers.  (Read 883 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

And paste it into the current DF, would the world work? Or would it just mess up and crash?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:35:06 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

Can't remember when that was, but if it was from 31.01 or later it'll work.

You might be missing a few features, mind you. Mostly any new animals introduced since then.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

What about the "Current" folder? Do I have to copy that, too?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile

Isn't the current folder usually empty? I thought its main purpose was so game crashes wouldn't corrupt saves by being a temporary storage
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Can't remember when that was, but if it was from 31.01 or later it'll work.

You might be missing a few features, mind you. Mostly any new animals introduced since then.

There won't be any raws issues if you copy and paste the appropriate animals and so on.

However, worlds that generate goblin towers cannot generate castles or sprawl. I'm not sure whether adventure mode reactions or bogeymen and their associated tags are compatible with pre-sprawl worlds either. The pre-sprawl games will probably choke up on any entity with new professions and tools like pottery, glazing, beehives, and cleavers.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod