Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Men of War  (Read 1049 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Men of War
« on: April 23, 2011, 06:29:54 pm »

I know there was a Men of War thread a while ago, I even posted in it, and I can't find it, so I guess I'll start up a new one.

Is there any way to fight against the AI in a skirmish type game? I don't like playing online with randoms, and the campaign doesn't let you bring in your own units.
I also want to know if you can select multiple squads at once, so I make a huge infantry suicide rush.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Men of War
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 11:32:35 pm »

Men
Is there any way to fight against the AI in a skirmish type game?

Men of War: Assault Squad

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 11:42:27 pm »

Well, damnit. I won't have $35 for a while.
Thank you.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 05:08:39 am »

I definitely recommend Men of War as well.
Anyone of the Men of War games would do, but if you're looking for multiplayer action, Assault Squad is the latest addition, with quite a handful of players on at all times.
I've formerly played CoH but have been addicted to MoW since our fellow Bayers have suggested it to me. It's very immersible and the realism is astounding. CoH and DoW are amazing games in their own respect... I just find it totally frustrating when firing at someone from two feet, and not being able to kill em'.

In MoW, you're going to die and you're going to die outright if you're out in the open like that. Aiming and overall logistic mechanics are a whole lot better. All-in-all, it's a great game, in my opinion. In fact, I'm going to go play it right now, ciao :].

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 08:39:26 am »

CoH is a fine game, I agree, but it doesn't seem like the guns are hitting anything, they're just 'DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS' until the targeted squad is dead.
MoW it's like the soldiers are actually shooting each other. It's not scripted which squad member dies first, it's all based on who is the easiest to hit.
That's one of the reasons I really like MoW. That and the bad voice acting. In the single player, it's so bad it's funny.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 09:14:48 am »

I recommended the Dynamic Campaign mod for both MoW and MoW:AS for replayablity
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Vulkus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 09:25:01 am »

I recommended the Dynamic Campaign mod for both MoW and MoW:AS for replayablity

Yeah, I second that.  If one is irredeemably bored, or perhaps, has beaten the game's various campaigns, the Dynamic Campaign Generator adds more sandbox-like features, allowing you to choose first-hand your units and location/date and whatnot.

The only thing I can really say I don't like about Men of War is, as said far above, the voice acting :V.  Otherwise, it's quite a good game.

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 10:54:13 am »

i am absolutely awful at this game and I love it. The only way I can successfully play this game is Metal Gear style.
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog