Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone know if there's a problem with Genesis Mod and creating hand armor?  (Read 933 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm able to make the gear, just now wear it. At first I thought it was because I was playing a Wereworf, but after trying out a Nord, I'm still having an issue wearing hand/arm gear.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, is there a list for the strength of materials somewhere. For example, how strong hard bone is compared to copper, etc.? I'm trying to figure out how worth it creating bone/wooden/leather armor is; or if I should just stop after getting metal armor for a spot.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

I tihnk the armor tiers go like this:
Wood>Leather>Bone>Copper>Iron>Bronze>Steel>Adamantine(from what I hear adamantine is only good against slash weapons)
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

If you mean gauntlets/mittens, those are bugged (vanilla bug). You cannot make left/right gauntlets through reactions, and it is quite sad :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you mean gauntlets/mittens, those are bugged (vanilla bug). You cannot make left/right gauntlets through reactions, and it is quite sad :(.
Aww, that is sad.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tihnk the armor tiers go like this:
Wood>Leather>Bone>Copper>Iron>Bronze>Steel>Adamantine(from what I hear adamantine is only good against slash weapons)
I read that their were different strengths to the bones and leather in the Genesis Mod. Some leathers and bones have special designations of being hard bones, or scales in place of leather.

With Deon here, I'm hoping he can shed some light on this. I checked the Genesis Wiki, and there was little information on how the materials range in strength.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There are just two types of animal materials: normal and tough ones.

Megabeasts/semimegabeasts and tough animals (like rhinos and elephants) get those. I plan to make better megabeast materials, so dragons get a chance against steel-clad recruits.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are just two types of animal materials: normal and tough ones.

Megabeasts/semimegabeasts and tough animals (like rhinos and elephants) get those. I plan to make better megabeast materials, so dragons get a chance against steel-clad recruits.
Oh, okay. I thought that the dragonscale was stronger than regular leather because of the specific name change. My current adventurer is decked out in nearly all dragonscale clothing/cloak/etc after running into a heard of raptors.

Also, do you know if a better quality carving blade will compound your bone carving skill and increase the chances of making a better bone item? So many questions, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:16:03 am by dirty foot »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

Mod specific questions might be better off in the mod specific threads, but to answer your question anyway, no it wont.

Reagents cant pass on item quality, skill gain, etc to products.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!