Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Different types of blood?  (Read 907 times)

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Different types of blood?
« on: April 26, 2011, 09:37:52 pm »

Hey there modders.

I'm attempting to make a creature with two types of blood. One would be your average splatter, the other a very high temprature liquid that bursts into flames when it contacts the air.

Is it at all possible?
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Different types of blood?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:52:19 pm »

You might be able to insert two things as blood (Insert the BLOOD tag twice with different things), but it might cause the game to crash. The code might conflict, or it would give you your stage 3 tremor monster.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 09:57:12 pm »

I don't know about having two bloods...but you could have one as pus...and make the creature super allergic to its own blood or something to where it constantly oozes pus if it gets cut open.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:04:49 pm »

Hmm, that could work I guess.

I'm attempting to make a giant robot hovercraft with a tokamak for power. When this object gets hit, I want it specficily "bleed" this fireblood that I'm attempting to implement.
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 11:11:29 pm »

hm...maybe even a liquid/gas tissue layer, I tried it once with some fallout-style robo-brains and some spider-bots full of napalm...but they just leaked everywhere.  I think Deon got it to work later though...check the Wasteland mod.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:36:29 am »

You cannot have two types of blood.

The "blood" which comes out when you cut tissues with "vertebrate" settings is the only liquid named BLOOD, you cannot have two.

However you can make tissue layers made of liquid. Look up cave blobs in the raws, they have liquid inside of their body as a separate tissue layer.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:35:14 am »

Informative Deon, Thank you. I think that will do the trick  :)