Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to properly construct stairs?  (Read 470 times)

NightlinerSGS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to properly construct stairs?
« on: April 28, 2011, 02:35:21 pm »

Hi

I have a little problem in my fort. I dug out the main stairs like I do normally, but I forgot to dig up/down stairs on the first level. Instead I just made down stairs.
Now I tried constructing up/down stairs and up stairs above them but my dwarves ignore those stairs (it looks like the dug stairs below them became inpassable too) and won't start digging the down stairs I designated on the level above (future living area)

So, how do I properly construct stairs above already dug ones?

Thx ;)
Like I always say, elven females serve a... better purpose to me than the males.
This is a masterfully derailed thread. It depicts Necro in magma-silk thread. This relates to the great derailing of the Divorce Thread in 2011. Necro is holding up a pig-tail fiber sock. Necro is swimming. Necro is striking a defiant pose.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: How to properly construct stairs?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:37:48 pm »

Constructed stairs completely suppress whatever was in the tile before. If you want an up/down stair, that's what you build.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

NightlinerSGS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to properly construct stairs?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 02:54:09 pm »

Ok, I tried it again and my dorfs stopped fooling me because I didn't know better and actually started digging above. Thanks.
Like I always say, elven females serve a... better purpose to me than the males.
This is a masterfully derailed thread. It depicts Necro in magma-silk thread. This relates to the great derailing of the Divorce Thread in 2011. Necro is holding up a pig-tail fiber sock. Necro is swimming. Necro is striking a defiant pose.