Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shearer bug?  (Read 895 times)

oilfurnace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Shearer bug?
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:43:07 am »

Every time I queue an animal to be sheared at the farmer's workshop the task is immediately canceled. "No creature to shear." The problem is that I do have a creature to shear; I have an adult llama and a baby alpaca, both of which have wool to shear.

This is a problem, even more poignant at the moment because of a leatherworker who was taken by a mood and is asking for yarn cloth. I actually have several shearers—all of them seem to be useless. I haven't had any other problems with the farmer's workshop either. I am not sure if this is a legit bug or if I'm doing something wrong? (I wasn't sure and I haven't gone to any extensive lengths to be sure, mostly because I have no idea how, so that's why I haven't reported it as a bug.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:45:07 am by oilfurnace »

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: Shearer bug?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:48:44 am »

Have they already been sheared recently? I believe it takes some time for the wool to grow back, much like you can't milk animals just whenever you want to.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
    • Familiar Ground, fantasy comedy from a familiar point of view.
Re: Shearer bug?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:54:39 am »

1)  Check if their wool coat is ready to be sheared
2)  Is the farmer's workshop in the same Pen as the animals?  If not, try expanding the zone so that it overlaps the workshop it and see if that fixes the problem.
Check out my comic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Fantasy Comedy.  Familiar Point of View.