Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not sure how to submit this to the bug tracker...  (Read 531 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Not sure how to submit this to the bug tracker...
« on: April 25, 2011, 08:08:55 pm »

Okay. I just got this fort's first migrant wave. No one had any names or social skills.
Bug? Or side-effect of this odd issue I had with a removed mod?
Or is my copy of DF screwed up?

EDIT: Total of eight. No critters, either.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure how to submit this to the bug tracker...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 08:48:01 pm »

Your civ's creature can't speak. It probably is a result of your faulty mod attempt.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:37:46 pm »

Your civ's creature can't speak. It probably is a result of your faulty mod attempt.
A. They're dwarves.
B. The seven starters had names.
C. I have had experience with non-speaking civs, and they have names. Odd ones, and not translatable, but names.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 05:08:45 pm »

The starters will always have names, even if they have no intelligence-related tags at all. Odd, kobold-like names are from the [UTTERANCES] tag.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »

Really for experimenting with modding you should frequently start with a fresh install, and keep track of what you've added or changed. Keep backups of things that worked.

That way, a faulty attempt to change something doesn't mean you lose all your work.

Also, if you would like to share your mod with others, design it alongside one of the popular mods, but check against vanilla DF too. Being able to make the claim of "Compatible with genesis mod", and/or "Compatible with Fortress Defence II" couldn't hurt your mod's popularity at all.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:18:21 pm by Reelyanoob »