Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Background to your forts  (Read 1659 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Background to your forts
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 12:57:03 pm »

If you look in the community stories subforum, you'll find hundreds of community/succession game threads which have lots of in-depth backstory to roleplay the forts.

As for my forts, I go by "some architect or scholar convinced the king to send some dwarves to build an outpost. They would build up wealth to attract goblins and then create interesting stories out of the invaders to record in the history engravings."
"This is an engraving of a dwarf and an elf. The dwarf is committing a depraved act against the elf. The elf is cowering a menacing pose."

Is that the kind of interesting you meant?  :P

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Background to your forts
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 01:00:01 pm »

If you look in the community stories subforum, you'll find hundreds of community/succession game threads which have lots of in-depth backstory to roleplay the forts.

As for my forts, I go by "some architect or scholar convinced the king to send some dwarves to build an outpost. They would build up wealth to attract goblins and then create interesting stories out of the invaders to record in the history engravings."
"This is an engraving of a dwarf and an elf. The dwarf is committing a depraved act against the elf. The elf is cowering a menacing pose."

Is that the kind of interesting you meant?  :P

Actually, I was more thinking of "This is an engraving of a ridiculous contraption, an elf and some dwarves. The contraption is simultaneously committing six depraved acts on the elf. The elf is unconscious. The dwarves are spectating."
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 [2]