Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A horrible thought occured to me  (Read 685 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
A horrible thought occured to me
« on: April 28, 2011, 06:03:19 pm »

Let's assume we have the ability to make creatures in reactions. And one of these reactions is moodable.

Urist McStemCellResearcher has created Abbeycudgels, an artifact Dwarven Baby!

It is well known that artifacts can't be burnt up, so the question is, if we created a pit trap with a !!Dwarven Baby!! on the bottom, it wouldn't die, but it also wouldn't eat, so if it went insane from burning all the time, what would happen? Or would it go to the booze stock pile and make an explosion if it could?

And if it did die, the corpse would probably be extremely valuable, so could I increase the dining room's wealth by assigning a coffin in the dining room to the dead baby?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:06:28 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: A horrible thought occured to me
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 06:08:56 pm »

Well let's just be glad that this can NEVER HAPPEN, because the assumptions you stated are impossible under the game's mechanics.

Although this thread does point out a damned good reason WHY these types of reactions are completely impossible under the current system.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 12:07:07 pm »

"Now be good Urist McChild, and go to sleep. The Screaming, flaming homunculus takes children who stay up past bed time and eats them!"
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 12:11:21 pm »

"Now be good Urist McChild, and go to sleep. The Screaming, flaming homunculus takes children who stay up past bed time and eats them!"
Child: *stays up*
Toady: *updates*
Homunculus: COME HERE LIL BOY

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 12:16:27 pm »

Sigged.