Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Liberally Conservative Acts (Suggestion)  (Read 2026 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liberally Conservative Acts (Suggestion)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 07:01:25 am »

I still think maybe the ability to command your squad members individually (Like, have one guy shouting the liberal slogan, one guy reloading, and everyone else blazing away with whatever weapons come to hand), might be more of a useful addition. :P I've had plenty of vicious "Liberally Conservative Acts" in my time playing... :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 01:11:39 am »

I'm going to run a check on interrogation.cpp today (you have my permission to beat me with a dildo today if I wind up slacking off). I will add and modify some flavor text (including a what appears to be a bug in one of the switchcases), and I'll replace the dildo with something a bit more political, if it is a placeholder for something like that.

And to the thrilling world of game mechanics, shall we? While I think it's best if the most brutal torture was involuntary, I think that restraints, for example, would have more than two stages. Currently, the hostage is either tied to a chair or kept in the back room cell. There could be an even more liberal option that would basically have the conservative roam the safehouse freely with a bell around their neck, or something similar.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 01:33:01 am »

I'm going to run a check on interrogation.cpp today (you have my permission to beat me with a dildo today if I wind up slacking off). I will add and modify some flavor text (including a what appears to be a bug in one of the switchcases), and I'll replace the dildo with something a bit more political, if it is a placeholder for something like that.

And to the thrilling world of game mechanics, shall we? While I think it's best if the most brutal torture was involuntary, I think that restraints, for example, would have more than two stages. Currently, the hostage is either tied to a chair or kept in the back room cell. There could be an even more liberal option that would basically have the conservative roam the safehouse freely with a bell around their neck, or something similar.

Just committed my changes to interrogation.cpp so that you can build off of them. You're welcome to play with the mechanics too.

The idea of having the conservative wander around your base with a bell around their neck sounds pretty funny to me. I'm envisioning them treated as a sort of Conservative pet, allowed to roam but looked down upon, fed at regular intervals, occasionally trained. Good grief.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 01:47:59 am »

This looks fascinating! Thanks!

EDIT: Bell + Drugs = ?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:56:10 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04
Pages: 1 [2]