Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about rocks.  (Read 350 times)

BlueeulB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about rocks.
« on: April 23, 2011, 01:02:13 pm »

So, I've embarked on a site with a ton of stone that can give me iron and I want to put this stone into a stockpile without all of my junk stone being placed in said stockpile as well. I was just curious if this is actually possible. Thanks. :D

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question about rocks.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 01:08:57 pm »

Yep. Just go to "p" "t" to set up a custom stockpile, or "q" "s" over an existing stone stockpile and set it to hold only metal ore from the menus that you get. I usually pile it all near my smelter.

BlueeulB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 01:11:21 pm »

Oh thanks, I did not know that, I guess I should pay more attention. ^.^

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 01:46:33 pm »

you can change the setting for stockpiles by 'q' over them and than go to their 's'etting. :)

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 03:24:57 pm »

I use 'p-c' for custom stockpiles, then 'q-s' the stockpile and scroll down to "stone" and enable it with 'e'.  Then 'b' for block all, then I go and turn on just the stone type that I want.

For every major type of ore (gold nuggets, hematite, tetra, etc), I create a single 1x11 stockpile near the smelters.  Most of my maps I end up with 4-6 different major types, so I have 4-6 long thin stockpiles.  The stone haulers keep it full and the furnace slaves don't have to walk that far to find the proper ore type to smelt.

(And the stone haulers are typically hauling it from a central quantum stockpile somewhere in the middle of my primary stairway.)