Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TNT?  (Read 517 times)

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
TNT?
« on: April 22, 2011, 12:53:39 am »

I was talking with my friend today, and he mentioned... "What if DF had smokebombs???" Then I thought "What about TNT and dynamite?" Any takers?
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: TNT?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:58:07 am »

When we don't even have something like Alchemy yet? I don't know.

Plus the idea smacks of Minecraft.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:58:52 am »

Before you making a suggestion, it is recommended that you make use of the search function at the top right of the page, and read the development pages to ensure that you are not making a duplicate request, and to hopefully ensure that the suggestion forums are used to build off of the arguments of the past, refining the arguments towards better ideas, rather than rehashing the same arguments over and over again.

Gunpowder is a fairly commonly suggested theme, and Toady is very well aware of it.  He's mentioned it in the raws regarding Saltpeter, in DF Talks, and in the forums.

Blasting powder might actually be in the cards, as some sort of alchemy-produced explosive, but regardless, it's something Toady is well aware of and will make a decision on when the time comes.  Another suggestion thread on the topic isn't likely to tip his decision one way or the other.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 02:28:14 am »

I was talking with my friend today, and he mentioned... "What if DF had smokebombs???" Then I thought "What about TNT and dynamite?" Any takers?
TNT is more dangerous as a poison then as an explosive if you don't understand how to set it off.
Dynamite is complex.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 02:41:35 am »

Is that a copy paste there Kotaku?
I'm sure that I've seen you write the exact same thing before.
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 05:53:49 am »

Probably. Maybe even posted using script.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 10:01:21 am »

Kohaku says the same thing 1000 times a day.  Because people don't listen the first 999 times.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 10:54:27 am »

Yes, I have a few "boilerplate" responses so that I can copy-paste in the part about searching the forums and the devpage. 

I'm trying to make a response that is informative, but friendly-sounding, so that I can just copy-paste in something that is worded in a way that doesn't get people defensive.  A courteous boilerplate response should be better received than a hasty "RTFM" post.

I also copy-pasted in the second and third paragraphs from a different response.  I should start getting those formalized, as well, so that I can just select the relevant topic, and have one of those lists to links explaining what has already gone on, the way that Footkerchief used to do all the time.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 11:11:48 am »

Sooner or later you're going to figure out how to make it all automatic, so eventually we'll just see you as "RTFM-bot"

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 11:26:48 am »

Or maybe create second profile with RTFM name.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.