Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hairly 8-legged dinossaur... that have poison gas  (Read 488 times)

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hairly 8-legged dinossaur... that have poison gas
« on: April 21, 2011, 08:34:48 pm »

So... how bad is poison gas? i can make a wooden door and then close it off while my markdwarves are in a balcony ready to kill any cave dwelers that get near the door. Will the FB come get the door and will it "breathe" or something the gas on my dwarves at distance?

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
Re: Hairly 8-legged dinossaur... that have poison gas
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:24:29 pm »

Syndromes are randomly generated, just like the beasts that produce them. It might be harmless, or you might have dwarves melting into a puddle of blood as they try to fight it ("Fun" for the whole fortress!).

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:46:25 pm »

The beast won't breathe poison at your dwarves unless it can path to them, so it probably won't gas your troops until after the door's down (but you could seal your marksdwarves off with a drawbridge, preventing the beast from pathing to them through your fort and rendering its gas unused).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 08:35:08 am »

The beast won't breathe poison at your dwarves unless it can path to them, so it probably won't gas your troops until after the door's down (but you could seal your marksdwarves off with a drawbridge, preventing the beast from pathing to them through your fort and rendering its gas unused).

woot, now i know i can kill it without risking my fort, thx!