Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aquifer headaches...  (Read 1046 times)

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Aquifer headaches...
« on: April 23, 2011, 09:47:00 am »

Well, I finally bash through a 7 Z level aquifer, and just as I had thought I had reached safe, solid ground, I end up breaching caverns! Dealing with aquifers is one thing, but I don't like to linger in the caverns if I can at all avoid them. I am not sure if I can afford to spend another year trying to breach a different aquifer section either.

Advice on what I can do with this? Sealing the caverns for now is a given. No way I am going in without any military

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Aquifer headaches...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 09:47:52 am »

kitten spelunkers and copious amounts of MAGMA! ;)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 10:56:15 am »

You're over thinking the problem. You have an aquifer. You have caverns. Pour aquifer into caverns. Problems solved. Carve some fortifications into the walls and fill the caverns. That'll keep out the beasties and drown anything else that might be annoying. Like Nobles. :D

HEY! Noble bedrooms, suspended in the Caverns.

With trapdoor floors. :D

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 01:13:22 pm »

Actually f.b. can swim, but seriously--if you can handle a 7-z level aquifer, c'mon, take on the caverns! I usually don't even seal mine and my forts last 20-30 years.  F.Bs are only worrysome when hefting deadly dust or poison, and marksdwarves can get those long before they come close.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 02:52:01 pm »

Or wall up the passages so you have your own little bubble of dwarven safety.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."