Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Longest you've gone without a casualty.  (Read 1522 times)

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Longest you've gone without a casualty.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 11:46:07 am »

Shortest was an embark in a world with the maximum for the temperature set to 1000.

Or perhaps the embark in the world the the minimum for temperature set to -1000, but that actually crashed instead of crumbling in 5 seconds.

Longest... erm. I usually only lose dwarves that I personally can't abide. Cat lovers, immigrants, and suchlike. Once they are atomsmashed, I don't lose anything because I seal the place and haven't been doing funny experiments with magma and deep oceans for quite a long while anymore.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 02:56:36 pm »

Usually about the same length of time as it takes for me to get bored with a fortress. I'm great about going to absurd lengths to save dwarves, but once I lose interest, nothing in heaven or the carnival can protect them from catastrophic !!SCIENCE!!.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 05:33:34 pm »

Shortest?  Well, it was only 1 time click, but it took like 2 minutes to resolve.  (Embarked on top of rock floor that wasn't well connected and on top of a volcano - literally 'rocks fall, everybody dies')

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 05:52:39 pm »

Swallowedgilt has experienced 10 0 months without something involving dwarven mutilation
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 07:52:42 pm »

I think right now we haven't had one in about five years; all things told, we've only lost 15 dwarves in (now) 16 years.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.
Pages: 1 [2]