Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simply cannot get hospital supplied.  (Read 3517 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Simply cannot get hospital supplied.
« on: April 20, 2011, 02:16:30 pm »

I appreciate the help you guys have been lately, it's much appreciated. One I have been holding off on trying to figure out, but it's just not working.

I simply cannot get any medical supplies to get delivered to my hospital. I've had two injured soldiers waiting forever to get treatment. I have it designated as a hospital, there are multiple beds, tables, traction benches, coffers, chests, bags. I have crutches and whatnot too. It's been a year and no one will freaking supply it. What am I missing here? I can have 20 idlers and no one will move the goods.

I just recently learned why I couldn't maintain a thread supply as apparently it defaults to auto loom into cloth. I disabled that, but how can I get more thread - and of course get my dummies to supply the freakin' hospital?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simply cannot get hospital supplied.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 02:43:09 pm »

Weird, have you verified that the chests are in the hospital zone? If you go to hospital info what do the numeric values give you? 0 for all supplies?

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:50:31 pm »

A problem I had (which I imagine most people wouldn't, but I mention just in case) is that I also decided to make the hospital into my chief medical dwarf's office, and had the chests/most of the hospital/etc. within the "office" space. Which apparently screwed up the normal hospital stuff, because no one would stock my lovely chests and bags.

As soon as I realized what was up and removed the office, everyone started ferrying supplies into the Hospital. So... make sure there are no rooms or whatever overlapping your hospital and messing it up?

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 02:56:25 pm »

Yeah as soon as you assign a space as a dwarf's posession everything in it will be owned by the dwarf, so the chests and whatnot were your chief medics private posessions.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:12:54 pm »

I don't worry about supplying the hospital, just build your cloth stockpile next to the hospital and that will work fine.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 03:25:11 pm »

Hospital is very buggy now, my dwarves overstock  some items (keep more than allowed) while understocking other. Sometimes they stock it very lazily, it took more than 2 years to stock one bar of soap, while sometimes they just swarm with thread or clothing. Also, sometimes it takes much time for medics to go and take care of patients, while sometimes they do it fast. One of my patients got infection despite being washed, because it took so long to finish everything. He was happy thought, they fed him at least. Fortunately, medics can use items from general stockpile so you can keep it next to the hospital area. If they don't stock one of the items (e.g. soap) then create another small stockpile next to the previous one, and order it to take from the stockpile which holds said soap.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 03:54:24 pm »

I completely redid the room, removing everything and doing it again. They are bringing some things in, but never thread which I need to fix my 2 soldiers who have been waiting in there for about 2 years now.

Information on the hospital zone says:
Beds: 3
Tables: 3
Traction Benches: 2
Boxes/bags: 4

Since it seems hopelessly bugged out, can anyone suggest a program I can use to simply remove their treatable injuries?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:56:00 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 04:54:41 pm »

You don't need hospital storage at all. Doctors will use supplies in regular stockpiles just fine.

All you need to do is have about 5 doctors, disable all other labor for them aside from healthcare. Have them do nothing except for healthcare.

Xeorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 09:22:07 pm »

You have medical doctors too right, and assigned a the Chief Medical Dwarf post?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 09:28:01 pm »

Since it seems hopelessly bugged out

My experience does not match yours at all.  Not even remotely.  In fact, quite the opposite -- usually dwarves bring too much thread to the hospital, overfilling the coffers, and leaving no room for soap and stuff.

But like Hyndis said, it's irrelevant.  The doctors will take thread from elsewhere in the fortress.  The hospital storage is just for convenient proximity to the patient.  Your problem isn't that dwarves won't bring thread to the hospital, but that you don't have any thread, because you wove it all into cloth.

Plant some pig tails (two seasons only, I believe) and then process them in a farmer's workshop to make thread.  Or slaughter a large hairy mammal of some kind, then spin its hair into thread in a farmer's workshop.  Or pierce a cavern, pray it has spider webs in it, and collect some of those at a loom (makes silk thread).  Or shear a sheep, alpaca or llama, and spin the wool into thread.  Shearing can only be done about once per year per adult animal, though.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 10:21:51 pm »

Yeah my hospitals arne't bugged either.. I generally have to turn the thread/cloth count down, and then put a cloth stockpile right next to the hospital. That way the chests in the hospital get filled with splints and soap and plaster, and the cloth and thread [bandages and sutures] go in the cloth stockpile.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 05:41:29 am »

I am getting the suspicion, based on you talking about "removed the room and did it again" that you are doing the hospital wrong. Maybe by making a room out of a bed or something.

What you need to do is make an activity zone with "i", cover the area that you want to be the hospital, then "h". "H" to adjust the options of the hospital, i.e. how many buckets they shall store and such - they might misinterpret these options though.

If any of the beds, tables or the well are rooms, then you must dissolve these first.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.