Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [33F] Soldier Dwarves Walk Into Chasm  (Read 447 times)

Pseudointellectual

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[33F] Soldier Dwarves Walk Into Chasm
« on: December 17, 2007, 06:44:00 pm »

Two of my soldier dwarves were dispatched to kill a batman. The pursued him into a chasm. Perhaps it was too much dwarven wine.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
Re: [33F] Soldier Dwarves Walk Into Chasm
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »

It is easy to fall down when attempting to wrestle an ennemy next to a hole or chasm...

If you ever played adventure mode, you can compare that to when an ennemy charge at you and you both tumble down over, or when you jump out away from harm when dodging. Both could lead you to fall down to the bottom of the pit.

I am on a hot streak... literally.

Pseudointellectual

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:24:00 am »

Ah, so this is supposed to happen?

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 11:36:00 am »

I was trying to drown the denizens of cave that was on my fortress map once. The miner was sent out to make the tunnel underground from the brook to the cave entrance. However the final block of the tunnel had to be dug from the actual entrance to the cave (because the miner is an idiot). So the miner runs towards the cave entrance only to cancel the job when a hydra chases him.

The hydra chased him over to the side of a cliff where it cornered him, and with a quick lunge threw itself over the cliff. It landed on the two levels down getting a broken skull and numerous other wounds.

This was a grand opportunity.

I formed all of my 14 dwarves into a squad and sent them down to wrestle the now unconscious hydra to death. One dwarf died when he rushed ahead of the others and was strangling the hydra when it woke up. Another one died, so far as I can tell, when he suffocated under the hydra's body which was currently on the top of a ramp. The hydra had just woken up and was beginning to wound the dwarves when the miner finally showed up, and with a single stroke removed the hydra's heart like a gem from a wall.

Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Nanor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://games.thehavennet.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 11:42:00 am »

quote:
Soldier Dwarves Walk Into Chasm  

What's the punchline?

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ikkonoishi:
<STRONG>when the miner finally showed up, and with a single stroke removed the hydra's heart like a gem from a wall.</STRONG>

Epic!!!

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.