Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Invisible" Polar Bear drinking my wine?  (Read 456 times)

Scheming Koala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Invisible" Polar Bear drinking my wine?
« on: April 20, 2011, 05:32:09 pm »

Okay Ive embarked on a tundra biome and so far every things been fine, but I keep getting a message that says that a Polar bear has been is guzzling my wine, but I can't find it anywhere on the map at all and I have my alcohol underground, I know bears try to get into your beer and food but I have all of mine inside and underground and Ive haven't seen bears on the map or the unit screen.

Am I to believe that there's some polar bear sneaking around my fortress undetected?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: "Invisible" Polar Bear drinking my wine?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 05:52:45 pm »

Possibly. Dwarves can detect unowned socks across the map, but not a goblin ambush before it kills the first dwarf and makes his socks un-owned.
Why is it always socks?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scheming Koala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 06:05:48 pm »

Okay just found out why a Polar bear made off with my booze and I feel like a complete and utter idiot for not noticing earlier, When I set an area to be my refuse area I didn't notice that instead of a refuse pile I accidentally set it as a food pile and the dwarfs thankfully didn't put all of it there.
And here I thought the dwarfs were being idiots that didn't want to throw away the dead lizard remains into the dump.

ThirdSpartacus

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing Since 2006, One Fortress At A Time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:33:18 pm »

Okay just found out why a Polar bear made off with my booze and I feel like a complete and utter idiot for not noticing earlier, When I set an area to be my refuse area I didn't notice that instead of a refuse pile I accidentally set it as a food pile and the dwarfs thankfully didn't put all of it there.
And here I thought the dwarfs were being idiots that didn't want to throw away the dead lizard remains into the dump.

Ohohohoho.
That's funny.

(Thus the laughter)
(parentheses are cool)