Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My carpenters can't find a path to construct a workshop  (Read 388 times)

cwc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
My carpenters can't find a path to construct a workshop
« on: December 20, 2006, 09:23:00 pm »

...even though the two fisheries on either side are being manned by fisherdwarves. In other words there is definitely a way to get to the construction site, but my carpenters can't figure out how to get there. I have tried aborting and restarting construction, as well as moving the site to different areas of the room I'm putting the workshops in. Nothing is working. The dwarves just pick up materials and then cancel the job. I'll try building the workshop outside later and see if they protest. I can also post a pic later if needed.

awdball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My carpenters can't find a path to construct a workshop
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 01:42:00 am »

This is also possible due to failing to find a path to the raw material that you asked them to build the workshop out of. Try a different material furthe down the list, or figure out why the one you picked is innacessible.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Re: My carpenters can't find a path to construct a workshop
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »

If you place a workshop's inaccessable sections (dark green) over an item (say, a rock), the dwarves won't be able to move it, and the construction will be suspended. That might be the problem.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it would have said that it's blocked by an item. Hmm.

[ December 21, 2006: Message edited by: Eagleon ]

Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044