Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McRoach  (Read 305 times)

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist McRoach
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:02:28 pm »

So.. i was there making my magma pump and suddenly the >>BARONESS CONSORT<< decides to die of >>THIRST<< in the >>DINNING ROOM<<.

Upon further inspection i notice that his >>UPPER BODY<< is >MISSING<<.

There is only one conclusion. The Giant Roaches(He died of thirst because he had no head to drink stuff, only roaches do that!) are trying to overthrow my fort by marrying the baroness in hoping of getting the title of baron while disguised of dwarfs...

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McRoach
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:04:36 pm »

You have a very active imagination, there.

Check ANY dead thing.  It will be missing it's upper half, no matter how it died.

Why the baroness dehydrated to death is a different mystery, but I assure you there was no amount of roachery involved.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 12:04:54 pm »

The upper body of all dead creatures is missing, regardless of how they died.

It's more likely that your baroness consort was insane, that you've got no booze left, or that your dining room doesn't have access to your booze. Check to see if those things might be true before you jump to false conclusions.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 02:20:20 pm »

It's the roaches man, they are plotting against you. Killing off your important dwarves before they can conquer your fortress.

Anyway, was there an actual gameplay question involved?