Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortifications - designations incomplete  (Read 410 times)

oolon1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fortifications - designations incomplete
« on: October 31, 2007, 12:55:00 pm »

If I designate a series of fortifications to be carved, sometimes only half of the tiles I designated will be completed, the rest will be reset.  There are no errors involved in this, they just get wiped off.  If I continue to redesignate, they eventually get carved.

oolon1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortifications - designations incomplete
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 11:51:00 pm »

bump for Toady--really appreciate all of your hard work, want to make sure I can help you out as much as I can by reporting this stuff.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 11:57:00 pm »

I noticed something similar with smoothing walls... except only one in ten or so will remain unsmoothed.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 12:23:00 am »

Dunno what's up at this point.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
  • He-wenching for the cause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 04:04:00 pm »

Just noticed this as well, as I had been building fortifications instead of carving them for quite a few months. Seems like when one is finished, it cancels the ones directly around it. For my guys it seems to be to the right or down of the last finished one that gets canceled, cuz dwarves work left to right, top to bottom. Maybe it has something to do with them wanting to work in the diagonal direction of where they are standing.

Haven't ever seen this happen with smoothing or engraving, only fortifications. I've tried it on natural walls and the walls of a goblin tower and had the same reaction. Also tested with a fresh install and got the same.

edit: the second after I posted this, i noticed my legendary engraver skip a spot while engraving. oops.

[ January 21, 2008: Message edited by: Dasqoot ]