Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: kill the damn snailman!  (Read 799 times)

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
kill the damn snailman!
« on: April 19, 2011, 04:04:36 pm »

Urist Mcsoldier does'nt want to kill snailmen, is it because they're intelligent creatures and he does'nt wnat to or what? i want my dorfs to train they're sowrds kill and to me the wild is the best option

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: kill the damn snailman!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 04:20:38 pm »

Is it friendly?

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 04:24:29 pm »

Urist Mcsoldier does'nt want to kill snailmen, is it because they're intelligent creatures and he does'nt wnat to or what? i want my dorfs to train they're sowrds kill and to me the wild is the best option

Ever heard of a danger room?

If you don't wanna use it, pop some cage traps in the entrance to your fort and weapons traps of your choice behind that. You'll capture a few goblins every siege, giving you...training partners. Strip them off their weapons and armour first, though.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 04:44:19 pm »

Removing weapons makes obvious sense, but is it worth it to remove armour? I'd assume that having to spend more time wailing away on tinned meat would mean more exp that cutting up naked gobbos in one or two hits.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 05:02:13 pm »

Try a station command instead of kill command. But yes, do check if the snailman is friendly first.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 07:24:05 pm »

maybe he was friendly but i don't know, he's not here anymore and no i won't use danger rooms, kinda overpowered if you ask me, makes the game too easy

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:58:18 pm »

Danger rooms are cheap, and very un-dorfy. If I do make one, I use only pure grade steel spears. Those who live, live. And the others....eeeh.

My dwarves won't kill the plump helmet men. Maybe it's the same way with snail-men?

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 10:04:16 pm »

i like to harvest plump helmet men, taste better than normal plump helmets, i keep one in my basement and squish the juice out of him every day

i don't understand why they won't kill them, they kill tigermen but not other humanoid creatures, why not?

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 10:22:16 pm »

Was the snailmen under water or out of reach?
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 02:04:01 pm »

no, my dwarf starts runnibng towards him but he just stops when he gets 5 tiles from him